Print

HISTORY OF CONGREGATION

 

Mother Scholastica founded the Congregation as “Little Sisters of Jesus” with the help of the Most Rev.Dr.Roche S.J, the Bishop of Tuticorin and Rev. Fr. AloysiousNavamony on 21st June 1952.

The Most Rev.Antony Muthu D.D. the Bishop of Vellore brought the sisters to the diocese of Vellore during 1967. In 1980 the name of the Congregation was changed as “The Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

The Most Rev.Dr. A.M.Chinnappa SDB the bishop of Vellore officially proclaimed the Congregation into a Diocesan Congregation under the leadership of Rev Mother Selin Mary. The Most Rev.Soundararaju SDB worked for making the Congregation into a Papal Congregation. On 23rd April 2017 the Most Rev.Soundararaju announced its new status as Papal Congregation by Rev Mother Amuthatheos..